Friday, July 31, 2020

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The theme of Inbound Marketing is how to attract people to your product in terms of social media and different marketing techniques.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book has provided me with many tools I can use to market my product and different ways I can use social media to do this. Throughout this course I have struggled to find good ways to market my product but after reading this book I feel a lot more comfortable being able to do this.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
For an exercise for this class, I would use what I learned from Chapter 4 - Create Remarkable Content. I would have students create different content for their proposed products and have them learn how to track their progress as described in the book. This would allow the students to visually see if their content is good or not.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
One thing that I found surprising was how much marketing has changed over the past 10 years with the way technology has changed. You can no longer use things such as phone calls or emails or even advertisements on TV because people have technology that can filter out these and skip ads on TV. All of this has definitely made it much harder for people to advertise their products.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,

    I also struggled to find ways to utilize social media to advance my business until I took this course. I like your idea regarding tracking your progress to visually see if you have good content. Sometimes seeing it on paper makes all the difference. The market has definitely changed in the past 10 years, but this class has helped enlighten me on new routes of advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    The fact that you're looking into advertising your business on social media is great. I would think advertising on social media is pretty cheap in comparison to other forms of advertising such as radio or TV. Additionally, your proposed assignment based on the book is interesting, as it would allow the students to gain some valuable experience in advertising on social media.

    ReplyDelete