Thursday, July 16, 2020

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The book that I chose to read was The Art of Social Media - Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick. The general theme of the book was supplying the reader with an extensive amount of tips on how to better your social media. It gave you tips on things like your profile and how to even manage your comments and how to get more followers.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book allowed me to see just how helpful social media can be with promoting your product or service. It showed me many different ways in which I can utilize social media and how I can continuously change my profile to match the direction I want my product to go.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
If I had to design an exercise for this classed based on the book it would be to have students make a social media platform for their potential product or service. Using these tips from the book, I would have students set up their profile and a few posts advertising and promoting their product. After that, I would have other students comment on their page which would allow the students to practice responding to comments and how to make their profiles perfect. This would simulate real life situations for them and would better prepare them for their future businesses.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
While reading the book I found that there was a strong encouragement to respond to positive and negative comments on your posts. Although I now see how this can better your business, from what I usually see on social media, I don't see people responding to negative comments and often here people saying to just ignore the negative comments.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather. I know very little about social media and probably could have greatly benefited from reading this but I found what you took away from this very interesting. It was interesting to read about your aha moment. I know so many people who either delete or ignore the negative comments and its interesting to learn that you can grow from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather,Fantastic how you relate the information in the book with the information in the class.The information provided by the book on new revelations in technology is super interesting, this is super important for people who invest in the stock market.I also chose this book and I feel that I am not mistaken with my choice, it is very good.

    Great Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, thank you for such an informative reflection. I'm just exploring all the social media platforms, as this will be a big part of my business idea, so this book will definitely be a value added read. Responding to negative feedback is always tricky... Does the book give any tips on how to respond to negative feedback?

    ReplyDelete