Friday, June 19, 2020

14A – Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
To keep up with this course, I have had to adjust my entire schedule. I have worked ahead and posted "new events" on my canvas calendar to make notes about upcoming assignments. I have also had to have better time management and set aside time for this class and others. With the interviews required for this class, I had to make sure I had time to complete these.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
Thank you to all essential workers! - City of RocklinWith the amount of work for this class and the stress of this pandemic, it was very stressful at times to keep up with the load. Being an essential worker, I found this time to be a lot more stressful than others. The thought of being able to graduate next semester pulled me through. I didn't want to have to push that even further.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
1. Work ahead!
2. Don't be afraid to step outside your comfort zone!
3. Stay focused!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed how easy to follow and organized your post is to read. I had to adjust my schedule as well to keep up with this class and I use the calendar every day to make sure I am on track. I agree with all three of your tips. Being able to work ahead definitely helped me out. Due to working ahead I am able to focus on my other classes when I have exams.

    ReplyDelete