Monday, May 11, 2020

2A - Bug List

1) I can hear my neighbors through the walls.
Because the walls are too thin.
2) I can feel the wind through my windows.
Because the windows are poor quality.
3) My sink sprays everywhere in the bathroom.
Because the water pressure is too high.
4) The door at work slams from the wind.
Because the hinge is too loose.
5) My laptop constantly dies.
Because I forget to charge it.
6) My husband constantly sings.
Because he enjoys music.
7) My cats throw litter everywhere.
Because its an instinct.
8) My house is constantly cold.
Because its not well insulated.
9) There is constantly dog poop in the grass.
Because my neighbors don't pick up after their dogs.
10) My clothes are always ripping.
Because they are poor quality.
11) My stove is always dirty.
Because I cook a lot.
12) My stove smokes.
Because it is dirty.
13) The washing machine leaves my comforter wrinkled.
Because it is too small.
14) There are sugar ants in my house.
They have not done pest control.
15) My cat won't stop laying on my laptop.
Because its warm.
16) My jeans rip at work.
Because they're poor quality.
17) My garbage disposal is leaking.
Because its broken.
18) My outside couch is very dirty.
Because a stray cat lays on it.
19) My fat cat keeps eating my other cats food.
Because he loves food and there's no way to stop him.
20) Chickfila is 30 minutes away.
Because they won't build a closer one.

Overall, I did not find this assignment to be difficult just because I do find myself taking notes of things that bug me and try to find solutions to them. It's sort of a like a to-do list that I have made.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on so many of your bugs and I like how each one was short and simple. It was interesting to find out that you tend to take notes of things that bug you even before this assignment. One point that I can absolutely relate to is the one about your laptop dying. My computer is almost 10 years old so my battery dies very quickly. For the bug with your husband singing maybe try noise-canceling headphones. HAHA That is what I did and I am able to focus and get more things done now. One thing I would maybe improve for future posts is to space out each item so it makes the post a little easier to read. This was a fun post to read though cause some made me laugh, feel your pain, and that Chick-fil-a one hurts me for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather. I completely agree with a lot of your annoyances. One of them being, my laptop dies all of the time as well. Years ago, I worked at AT&T Wireless and we learned a lot about batteries and the appropriate way to charge them. When you first get a new battery you should charge it until it is fully charged. Thereafter, before you charge your battery again, you should let it drain almost if not all the way until it is completely drained. For instance, if you charge the battery when it is 50% charged, then it will retain a memory and you are only charging from that 50% forward. They stated that this was with only certain batteries but I find this to be true for all batteries including lithium ion. I just thought I would share some information regarding battery life. -Carrie Steinolfson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather. I agree with a lot that is on your list. The one I related to the most was hearing your neighbors through the walls, which is also one of the first ones I mentioned in my list. It is frustrating how thin the walls are, from my apartment I can hear people walking a block away. I also related to how you got annoyed by a dirty stove. I like to cook and seeing a dirty stove grinds my gears every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete